[Fedora-directory-users] multi master replication over SSL

Susan logastellus at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 14 21:22:02 UTC 2006

--- Richard Megginson <rmeggins at redhat.com> wrote:
> If the consumer can verify and validate the suppliers cert, as in
> certificate based auth, then it should work.  Otherwise, you can just
> use regular SSL replication with password auth.

OK, I understand.  I don't care about cert-based SSL, so I'll go with the simple auth then.

I'm  not sure who wrote the mmr.pl script
(http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Howto:MultiMasterReplication) but I must say thank you,
author, the script works trouble free, as advertised.  However, I don't see anything in there
about replication over SSL.  And it doesn't look like I can convert it to SSL, once the
replication is established using mmr.pl, is that correct?

> Will that allow you to do certificate based auth, or just SSL encryption
> of the channel with password based auth?  If so, then it's the same as
> regular replication with SSL and passwords without certificate based au

no, you're right, it's the same thing, so no point in using stunnel then.  Nevermind.