[Fedora-directory-users] enforce strong passwords

Richard Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Thu Jan 19 21:25:16 UTC 2006

Jo De Troy wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if anyone was looking into enforcement of strong
> passwords.
> I'm not a hardcore C programmer but I'm willing to help. But first
> I'll have to try in getting the current version compiled.
> I'm certainly willing to do some testing.

Funny you should mention that.  We're looking at that issue right now.
What sort of things would you want to check for?
min number of lower case
min number of upper case
min number of digits
min number of alphanumerics
min number of special chars
no user data in password
dictionary checking?  If so, how?  /usr/share/dict/words?