[Fedora-directory-users] enforce strong passwords

Patrick von der Hagen patrick at wudika.de
Sun Jan 29 14:39:01 UTC 2006

Richard Megginson wrote:
> Jo De Troy wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I was wondering if anyone was looking into enforcement of strong
>> passwords.
>> I'm not a hardcore C programmer but I'm willing to help. But first
>> I'll have to try in getting the current version compiled.
>> I'm certainly willing to do some testing.
>
> Funny you should mention that.  We're looking at that issue right now.
> What sort of things would you want to check for?
It's a pity I haven't read this thread earlier, currently I'm lagging a
bit behind...
For me it would be nice to allow/disallow certain characters in
passwords. For example, we had a release of horde/imp which failed to
cope with the "/"-character in passwords, so we disallowd that
character, otherwise support was to busy answering questions like "why
can I use every application but webmail?".

--
CU,
    Patrick.