[Fedora-directory-users] ldap scheme/site survey troubles

Bikerepairman - bikerepairman at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 08:55:12 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm new at ldap/directory services, and I's like to get some advice setting
up a directory server.
While reading the docs, some thing are clear while other things are not that
clear. I'm at the stage of survey/scheme drawing now.

The directory server will be used for authenticating and assigning
rights/quota for about 70 users.
This is for a hobby network and we're migrating the servers from windows to
linux. I myself use linux for 1 ½ year now.

What I got so far is the folowing:
2 domains (one primary, one for experimenting)
3 servers (file-, gateway/proxy- and web); can be expanded to 9)
4 user groups (users, companies, power-users and administrators)
8 services (pop mail, imap mail, sendmail/postfix, website/homepages, ftp,
samba and nfs, dns)

The organisation (non-profit) is called dins. And we live in the
netherlands. Our top-level name should be o=dins, c=nl. After this I begin
to run in circles. I think I fail to see something.

Who is willing to help me getting the scheme right and/or discuss it over
the mail?