[Fedora-directory-users] New filesystem layout for directory server and admin server files

David Boreham david_list at boreham.org
Mon Jul 3 13:49:49 UTC 2006

Is all this partitioning stuff still being done ? I though it had
gone away once Linux aquired  decent filesystem capabilities.
I've installed probably 100 systems in the past few years,
all with one big partition for all the /var /usr /tmp etc trees.
If I want separate physical disks, I just call them /home2 /home3
or whatever and point the applications at those paths.
I can't remember the last time I configured a system with
separate filesystems for /opt and /var

Recent Fedora Core releases default to one big partition
using LVM.

Am I smoking crack ?