[Fedora-directory-users] Strange problem -- LDAP server hosed

Mike Mueller bitdumpster at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 20:29:59 UTC 2006

On 7/7/06, Nathan Kinder <nkinder at redhat.com> wrote:

> Are you are using multi-master replication?  It sounds like these
> entries you are seeing are replication conflict entries.  You can read
> about dealing with them in the Administrator's Guide.  Here is a link to
> the relevant section:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/ag/7.1/replicat.html#1106141

No, replication is currently not active on these machines...

What happens when you try to delete the entry with ldapdelete?  Also,
> did you verify that the entry is indeed a leaf entry with ldapsearch as
> "cn=directory manager"?
>
> -NGK

Unfortunately, since I've deleted and recreated the databases, I haven't
reproduced this problem.  I will try this the next time it happens, assuming
it ever happens again.

Thanks for the quick response.

Mike