[Fedora-directory-users] Re: admin-server SSL and replication

Jo De Troy jo.de.troy at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 15:45:36 UTC 2006

Hi Rich,

> startconsole must be configured to use SSL.
I guess it's sufficient to use https://<ldapserver>:<adminport>  on
Linux or not?
I've tried to get the console on Windows to connect to
https://<ldapserver>:<adminport> without any luck yet. I did follow
the wiki page (downloading and install nss and nspr) but I get:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/mozilla/jss/crypt
o/AlreadyInitializedException
        at com.netscape.management.client.console.Console.<init>(Unknown Source)

        at com.netscape.management.client.console.Console.main(Unknown Source)
    Another question I have about multi-master replication. If you create
    the same replication manager entry with the same password on the
    replication nodes, why is it necessary to have the same directory
    manager entry and the same password?

>??? you mean cn=directory manager?

    I thought the same replication
    mgr entry would be sufficient

>It should be . . . what are you seeing that makes you think otherwise?
That's what's written in the requirements on the wiki page
http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Howto:MultiMasterReplication
So I guess this is a prereq for the mmr.pl script or is this just an  error.

Any idea when the next release will be available?

Thanks again,
Jo