[Fedora-directory-users] Re: admin-server SSL and replication

Richard Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Thu Jul 13 15:48:52 UTC 2006

Jo De Troy wrote:

> Hi Rich,
>
>> startconsole must be configured to use SSL.
>
> I guess it's sufficient to use https://<ldapserver>:<adminport>  on
> Linux or not?

In the startconsole dialog box - url field?  Yes.

> I've tried to get the console on Windows to connect to
> https://<ldapserver>:<adminport> without any luck yet. I did follow
> the wiki page (downloading and install nss and nspr) but I get:
> org/mozilla/jss/crypt
> o/AlreadyInitializedException
>        at
> com.netscape.management.client.console.Console.<init>(Unknown Source)
>
>        at com.netscape.management.client.console.Console.main(Unknown
> Source)

It can't find jss3.jar.

>    Another question I have about multi-master replication. If you create
>    the same replication manager entry with the same password on the
>    replication nodes, why is it necessary to have the same directory
>    manager entry and the same password?
>
>> ??? you mean cn=directory manager?
>

>    I thought the same replication
>    mgr entry would be sufficient
>
>> It should be . . . what are you seeing that makes you think otherwise?
>
> That's what's written in the requirements on the wiki page
> http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Howto:MultiMasterReplication
> So I guess this is a prereq for the mmr.pl script or is this just an
> error.

It's a prereq for the mmr.pl script - so you don't have to specify a
different password for each server.  You could probably hack the script
to introduce a hash table that maps hosts to passwords.

> Any idea when the next release will be available?

We're working on it . . . no date yet.  The majority of the work we're
doing now involves splitting up the monolithic package into discrete
chunks, better rpms/srpms, autoconf support, better package layout, and
related work.