[Fedora-directory-users] Re: Converting a 4-way replication setup to SSL

Philip Kime pkime at Shopzilla.com
Thu Jul 13 16:12:38 UTC 2006

Many thanks to all replies about this - in the end, I drew up a plan
using bits and pieces pulled from the setupssl.sh and the RH manual for
DS. It worked nicely. I made a CA cert as per the setupssl.sh script and
then generated server cert requests from the GUI, generated the certs on
the command-line from the CA and installed the server certs in the GUI.
Then I imported the CA cert via the GUI. Everything works. It allowed me
to name the certs nicely to instead of all being "server-cert" or
whatever. Replication is now working over SSL and client TLS access to
any server is working when clients have a copy of the CA cert.