[Fedora-directory-users] Administrative Domains

brian brian.smith at worldpub.net
Tue Jul 18 18:45:39 UTC 2006

Hello all, quick question I am not sure about.  I am trying to setup
different administrative domains for my ldap servers.  I created
ldapconfig.domain.com which contains dc=ldapconfig,dc=domain,dc=com and
o=NetscapeRoot for my configuration servers, which are load balanced in
master master configuration on server1 and server2.  When I click on
configdirectory.domain.com the "User directory host and port are set to
server1.domain.com:389.  Is there any problems setting it to
configdirectory.domain.com which resolves to my loadbalancer and sends
requests to both servers?  I've tested authentication with server1 down
then with server2 down, and they work fine and re-sync when the other
one is back online.  I wasn't sure if this setting is just for a
reference?  Thanks

Brian Smith