[Fedora-directory-users] apache ldap over SSL.

Graham Leggett minfrin at sharp.fm
Fri Jun 9 09:28:47 UTC 2006

On Fri, June 9, 2006 10:22 am, Mickael Besse wrote:

> I make a mistake, when the httpd server start, there is this message in
> access log:
>
> Digest: generating secret for digest authentication ...
> [Thu Jun 08 18:04:02 2006] [notice] Digest: done
> [Thu Jun 08 18:04:02 2006] [notice] LDAP: Built with OpenLDAP LDAP SDK
> [Thu Jun 08 18:04:02 2006] [notice] LDAP: SSL support available

This tells you that mod_auth_ldap is built against an SSL enabled openldap
library, so this should be fine, there is no need to recompile
mod_auth_ldap or httpd.

> I try to modify http.spec and add --with-ldap-sdk=netscape after
> ../configure \
> or after mpmbuild prefork \
>         --enable-mods-shared=all \
>         --enable-ssl --with-ssl --enable-distcache \
>         --enable-proxy \
>         --enable-cache --enable-mem-cache \
>         --enable-file-cache --enable-disk-cache \
>         --enable-ldap --enable-auth-ldap \
>
> but it changes nothing.

I am not sure what you are trying to achieve by adding
--with-ldap-sdk=netscape to ./configure. mod_auth_ldap has already found
an SSL enabled LDAP toolkit, there is not further you need to do.

Go through your config again and check that the FDS is listening on the IP
and port you specified in your mod_auth_ldap config.

Regards,
Graham