[Fedora-directory-users] Directory Express...customize? separate/relocate?

Jim Hogan jimh at u.washington.edu
Tue Mar 7 20:38:45 UTC 2006

Richard Megginson wrote:

> Jim Hogan wrote:
>
>> [...] Is there any sort of guide to customizing Directory Express in
>> such a way that changes will be preserved during future upgrades?
>> I've rummaged aound in /var/opt/fedora-ds/clients/dsgw to get a sense
>> of the layout, but didn't know if there was a systematic guide of sorts.
>
> http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/pdf/ds71gwcust.pdf

Ah, thanks.  I just bookmarked that "dir-server" doc page.

>> [...] I also started to look at moving the Fedora-DS httpd.worker
>> under PubCookie, but that would seem  more dubious.
>
> I assume PubCookie is some sort of SSO thing?

Yes, www.pubcookie.org.  Produced by the folks here.  Very nice, pretty
simple to implement (at least when the parent organization already has
has the server service in place!)

> The DE stuff uses it's own cookie scheme - you'd probably have to hack
> the source code.

This tells me that option #2 -- moving the DS httpd.worker under
PubCookie would be just as onerous.  I think I'll save this goal for
later :)

Thanks,

Jim

>> Thanks!