[Fedora-directory-users] Directory Express...customize? separate/relocate?

Jim Hogan jimh at u.washington.edu
Fri Mar 10 16:38:02 UTC 2006

I had another thought on this thread....

Our FDS directory will be essentially for internal use, and we only want
to expose it enough for some of our people to update their records
through a Web page that pre-authenticates/authorizes them (our PubCookie
scheme).

Rather than try to separate the DE code onto this server, one thought I
had last night was to set up a reverse proxy on our PubCookie's portal
server that proxies the DE pages.  Not sure how this will work out with
the 2 different cookie regimes.

This notion isn't particularly germane to the Fedora Directory Server
lists, but I figured I'd throw it up here on the list in case someone
has already been/done and can offer an opinion.  Otherwise, if I try it
and it works, I'll let you know!

Jim

Richard Megginson wrote:

> Jim Hogan wrote:
>
>>  My thought is to put "DE" under this existing PubCookie regime and
>> take advantage of stuff like REMOTE_USER vars.  Just not sure if that
>> is doable.  I also started to look at moving the Fedora-DS
>> httpd.worker under PubCookie, but that would seem  more dubious.
>

> I assume PubCookie is some sort of SSO thing?  The DE stuff uses it's
> own cookie scheme - you'd probably have to hack the source code.
>

>> Thanks!
>>
>> Jim

 Jim Hogan