[Fedora-directory-users] SSL problem on replication!

Susan logastellus at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 27 16:44:23 UTC 2006

--- Alex <magobin at gmail.com> wrote:
> [27/Mar/2006:14:14:07 +0000] NSMMReplicationPlugin - agmt="cn="Replication
> to nodo2.domain.example.com"" (nodo2:636): Simple bind failed, LDAP sdk
> error 91 (Can't connect to the LDAP server), Netscape Portable Runtime error
> -5961 (TCP connection reset by peer.)

it doesn't look like nodo2 is listening on 636..  can you run

telnet nodo2 636

does that return anything?

> According with that suggested from Susan...I configured in a cluster in both
> nodes Fedora DS in the same manner; both are named ldap.domain.example.com;
> this is for working with ip take over; in fact I configured an Ip that point
> to ldap.domain.example.com.

wait, so both servers have the same name?  meaning, if you run hostname on either server, hostname
returns the same thing?

also, if you think mmr.pl is the problem, comment out these two lines:

# add replication agreements
#add_rep_agreement($host1, $host2, $repmanpw);
#add_rep_agreement($host2, $host1, $repmanpw);

that'll make mmr.pl do all the heavy work of setting up the configs and then you can add the rep
agreements from the UI, step by step, according to the manual.

run the modified mmr.pl, just regular run and then load the console and start step by step.  tail
-f the logs while you're doing it, you'll see the replication kick in in real time.