[Fedora-directory-users] Re: Problem adding user

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Mon Mar 27 17:34:13 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-27 at 09:08 -0800, Mont Rothstein wrote:
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> I grabbed the migration scripts from http://www.padl.com/download/
> because I wanted to avoid installing openldap when all I needed was
> the scripts.
>
> Looking at the source the kerberosSecurityObject is inserted as long
> as there is a default realm, though the extended schema does cause a
> problem with mail related values (see below).
>
> It sounds like what I was missing is the fact that editing the
> migration scripts is expected.  I was under the impression that if my
> migration didn't work it was a mistake I had made.
>
> After commenting out the following items in the password_migration
> script my admin user finally added:
>
>       * mailRoutingAddress
>       * mailHost
>       * inetLocalMailRecipient
>       * kerberosSecurityObject
>       * krbName
>
> Is not having these in my schema common/normal?
----
I don't know what is common - I think the issue is that it is your DSA
and you should be able to configure the desired attributes and eliminate
the attributes that aren't desired - I think that is the point of the
migration scripts in general.

Thus you should be able to take a flat file such as /etc/passwd, using
the padl migration scripts output it into whatever form you desire for
your directory.

Craig
----