[Fedora-directory-users] Is it possible to use events to create homedirs when user entry is created or deleted?

Chris St. Pierre stpierre at NebrWesleyan.edu
Fri Oct 27 12:30:00 UTC 2006

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006, Kimmo Koivisto wrote:

> Does FDS have any event support that I could use or are there any
> existing solutions for this problem?

There's a PAM module for this: pam_mkhomedir.so.  You can configure it
so that the first time someone logs in, their home dir is
auto-created.

We use that on the machines our users have shell access to, plus the
"root preexec" directive for our Samba fileserver, to automatically
generate home dirs.  Just make sure that you have something in place
to automatically delete them, too! :)

Chris St. Pierre
Unix Systems Administrator
Nebraska Wesleyan University