[Fedora-directory-users] Is it possible to use events to create homedirs when user entry is created or deleted?

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Fri Oct 27 14:06:30 UTC 2006

gennaro.tortone at na.infn.it wrote :

> take a look to pam_mkhomedir; it is a PAM module that create
> (if it does not exist) the user home directory;

Well, pam_mkhomedir doesn't work in some cases, most notably with sshd
and privileges separation... I've been using "autodir" successfully for
some time now, it's a great little program to achieve exactly what
you're asking for.

Matthias

> On Fri, 27 Oct 2006, Kimmo Koivisto wrote:
>
> > Hello
> >
> > I have small environment with one FDS server and one application
> > server, both RHEL4ES. FDS server provides ldap authentication and home
> > directories for app server with ldap and nfs.
> >
> > I administrate users and groups with phpldapadmin or windows based
> > ldapadmin, everything is working fine.
> >
> > When I add new user to the FDS, I have to create home directory for
> > that user manually, set permissions and copy /etc/skel files.
> >
> > I would like to do home directory administration tasks automatically
> > when user is added or deleted from FDS.
> >
> > One solution (I don't like this) is that I use some command line ldap
> > capable adduser instead of ldapadmin or phpldapadmin.
> >
> > Does FDS have any event support that I could use or are there any
> > existing solutions for this problem?

Fedora Core release 6 (Rawhide) - Linux kernel 2.6.18-1.2798.fc6
Load : 0.00 0.03 0.20