[Fedora-directory-users] SSHA Password hash function

Radek Hladik radek at eadresa.cz
Sat Sep 9 17:23:53 UTC 2006

Hi all,
I'm trying to get working SSHA password generation in JavaScript. I've
found interesting topic which I want to ask about.

Is there any presumption about salt length? I've tried salt "saltedsalt"
and password "abcd". It produced string
{SSHA}/OwjNeakcceT6szrxGOMHUb53XJzYWx0ZWRzYWx0 which when inserted into
userPassword attribute crashed slapd daemon when the user tried to log
on. With random salt of length 13 everything works fine. Maybe there is
some mistake related to base64 padding, but even with one or two
trailing = this hash crashed the slapd daemon.

FDS is 1.0.2

Radek