[Fedora-directory-users] SSHA Password hash function

Mike Jackson mj at sci.fi
Sat Sep 9 17:34:19 UTC 2006

Radek Hladik wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm trying to get working SSHA password generation in JavaScript. I've
> found interesting topic which I want to ask about.

You don't need to generate password hashes externally, the server will
do it for you.

Enable SSHA password hashing in the server, and modify the userPassword
attribute with a plaintext value via SSL for transport security. The
server will hash the userPassword value for you. Or you could use the
password modify extended operation...

--
mike