[Fedora-directory-users] How to make anonymous SASL work?

Richard Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Sun Sep 17 15:53:11 UTC 2006

devel - Fashion Content wrote:
>>> As I understand the message I need to configure some protocol
>>> on the server, but I have no idea where or how??
>>

>> It looks like you're using the OpenLDAP version of ldapsearch and don't
>> have SAASL auth set up on the server.
>
> Yes, but how do I set up SASL auth. What doc describes it in less than
> 100 pages.
> Also, why shouldnt the OpenLDAP client be able to talk to Fedora DS ?
It is - see below

>> You can either pass the "-x" switch to ldapsearch to use plaintext auth,
>> ot use the ldapsearch that comes with the directory server (probably in
>> /opt/fedora-ds/shared/bin).
/usr/bin/ldapsearch -x -D "bind dn" -w bindpassword .....

ldapsearch by default will attempt a SASL bind, using the best mechanism
available.  To disable this behavior, and force the openldap command
line tools to use SIMPLE binddn/password auth, you have to specify the
-x argument.