[Fedora-directory-users] How to make anonymous SASL work?

devel - Fashion Content devel at fashioncontent.com
Sun Sep 17 19:42:49 UTC 2006

>> You can either pass the "-x" switch to ldapsearch to use plaintext auth,
>> ot use the ldapsearch that comes with the directory server (probably in
>> /opt/fedora-ds/shared/bin).
/usr/bin/ldapsearch -x -D "bind dn" -w bindpassword .....

ldapsearch by default will attempt a SASL bind, using the best mechanism
available.  To disable this behavior, and force the openldap command
line tools to use SIMPLE binddn/password auth, you have to specify the
-x argument.

Ok tried that and it seemed to work except I can't get it to return any data
(I have 3 users defined) when I use the
ldapsearch which comes with fedora-ds. The OpenLDAP ldapsearch works as
expected.

testsaslauthd still doesn't work though. I must admit it seems a bit
worrying that a vanilla mailserver setup is this hard.
Am I the only one that would use Fedora DS for authenticating IMAP users?

Henrik