[Fedora-directory-users] Simple SASL configuration

devel - Fashion Content devel at fashioncontent.com
Mon Sep 18 20:28:13 UTC 2006

>From: "Noriko Hosoi" <nhosoi at redhat.com>
>> I currently see a potential conflict between open ldap client +
>> cyrus-sasl vs Fedora ldap + sasl.
>>
>> I'm not sure to what extent there actually is a conflict, but it's
>> definately confusing.

>What symptom do you have?  Do you get error messages from your client
>tools?  Do you see any errors in the errors log and/or access log in the
>Fedora Directory Server?

OpenLDAP ldapsearch: Shows userPassword results hashed, but otherwise shows
the users I look up
OpenLDAP ldapsearch userPassword=secret: Success
Fedora ldapsearch: Fails to find anything
testsaslauthd -u devel -p secret: Fails to find anything, error code 32 I
think

I haven't figured out how to make saslauthd report the ldap queries, so I
know very little of what happens and the Fedora logs
don't appear to help much more.

>BTW, Fedora DS uses cyrus sasl v2.1.20.

Interesting. I have installed cyrus sasl using yum, will that be another
installation than the
one Fedora DS uses? will it use different conf files?

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the problem is down to me configuring the
wrong ldap+sasl combination.

Henrik