[Fedora-directory-users] Simple SASL configuration

Noriko Hosoi nhosoi at redhat.com
Mon Sep 18 21:37:15 UTC 2006

devel - Fashion Content wrote:

> [...]
> OpenLDAP ldapsearch: Shows userPassword results hashed, but otherwise
> shows
> the users I look up
> OpenLDAP ldapsearch userPassword=secret: Success
> Fedora ldapsearch: Fails to find anything

??? Users are not stored in the Fedora DS?  Or auth as the user with the
password fails and does not return anything?

If you run this command, what mechanism list do you get?  Is the
mechanism you are trying to use is on the list?
$ cd /opt/fedora-ds/shared/bin
$ ./ldapsearch -p <your_port> -D <directory_manager> -w
<directory_manager_passwd> -b "" -s base  "(objectclass=*)"
supportedSASLMechanisms
version: 1
dn:
supportedSASLMechanisms: EXTERNAL