[Fedora-directory-users] Fedora 7 and FDS 1.0.4-FC6

Richard Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Wed Aug 8 14:13:08 UTC 2007

Del wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Following an earlier suggestion on this thread, I have tried to get FDS
> running on a Fedora 7 box using the binary RPM from the download area
> for Fedora Core 6.
>
> The directory server appears to run fine, but the admin server just spews
> a torrent of log messages saying:
>
> [Wed Aug 08 18:00:07 2007] [notice] child pid 19260 exit signal
> Segmentation fault (11)
> ... etc.
I'm not sure what the problem is.  I just downloaded FDS 1.0.4 for FC6
x86_64 and installed on a vmware instance of F7 x86_64.  The F7 system
has the latest updates as of today.  It works fine.  I ran setup, just
accepted the defaults, setup completed and started the admin server.  I
don't have java installed on the system, but I was able to use the web
interface to run several of the CGIs.  I have no problems.

> Has anyone else seen this and can anyone offer any suggestions as to how
> to get it going?  It's quite tricky to run strace / gdb on the httpd
> binary
> as all I get is as far as the fork, and it appears to be the httpd.worker
> child processes that are dying.
strace -f will follow forks (-ff to write each process output to
separate files), and gdb has a mode to follow forks as well.