[Fedora-directory-users] Migration from 1.0 and 7.1 to 1.1

Richard Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Fri Jul 6 17:20:32 UTC 2007

With the new FHS paths and new configuration options, there is quite a
bit of stuff that has to happen to migrate old servers.  The current
Fedora pre-release version 1.1 has a migrateTo11 script that handles
most of these, and CVS HEAD has some newer scripts to handle both
directory server and admin server/console migration.  We've created this
page - http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/DS_Admin_Migration - to
plan our migration strategy.

One of the big issues is cross platform migration e.g. going from FC-5
i386 to F7 x86_64.  There are a number of issues involved with this.  We
are trying to figure out the best way to do this and we need your help.
If you could, please read the section about cross platform migration -
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/DS_Admin_Migration#Cross_platform
- and let us know what you think, especially if you are an admin who
will actually be using this in a production environment.