[Fedora-directory-users] Trying to set up a simple authentication and file server

Andy Schofield ajs at th.ph.bham.ac.uk
Wed Mar 28 20:56:27 UTC 2007

Thanks for the help, George and Kyle. I have basic authentication
working now.

> > (3) How do I add the automap? Various websites talk about
> > "automountInformation:" entry, but where does that come in? It does
> > not appear as an attribute I can add to a person.
>
> You need to add some extra schema.
> http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Howto:Automount

I have also got the autofs maps working too.
At least it works for a Redhat Enterprise 4.4 client. I have not yet
tested it on a solaris client (and I am sure it won't work for them).

So you need to add the scheme that Georges pointed out
in the link above:

http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Howto:Automount

You save it as an .ldif file, but you can't import it via the console.
I added it to the /opt/fedora-ds/slapd-*/config/schema directory with a
suitable high number like 90. This now gives you the appropriate
objects.

Here are some ldif files that allow a client to find auto.master and
auto.home.

dn: automountmapname=auto_master,dc=mydom,dc=com
automountInformation: ldap:myldap.host.com:automountmapname=auto_home,dc=mydom,dc=com  --timeout=120
automountKey: /home
automountMapName: auto_master
objectClass: top
objectClass: automount
objectClass: automountmap

dn: automountmapname=auto_home,dc=mydom,dc=com
automountMapName: auto_home
objectClass: top
objectClass: automountmap
objectClass: automount
automountKey: *
automountInformation: -fstype=nfs,rw,hard,intr,nosuid myfileserver.com:/export/home/&

Note that in /etc/nsswitch.conf you should have
automount:  files ldap

and have the ldap server correctly setup in
/etc/ldap.conf

Note that in /etc/sysconfig/autofs is an option to use auto_master and
auto.master interchangably.

Hope this helps some other newbie.
Andy