[Fedora-directory-users] How to change password storage method?

Andy Schofield ajs at th.ph.bham.ac.uk
Thu Mar 29 15:09:00 UTC 2007

I must be missing something here but I tried following the instructions
here
http://www.csse.uwa.edu.au/~ashley/fedora-ds/fedora-ds-26072006.html
but to no avail.

I want the passwords for all Users in People to be stored in md5.
Everything I have done (like selecting a user and "Managing passwords"
leaves them in SSHA which is presumably some default.

My real problem is that clients are broadcasting passwords in the clear
(despite pam being told to use md5 with ldap). I am assuming that is
because the ldap server is using SSHA and pam is using md5 so they
negotiate to send passwords in the clear. Does that sound right?

Thanks
Andy