[Fedora-directory-users] How to change password storage method?

George Holbert gholbert at broadcom.com
Thu Mar 29 18:13:46 UTC 2007

> However - it has not solved this problem. The password is still being
> sent in the clear. I have /etc/ldap.conf including the line:
>
> pam_password md5

pam_password controls how new passwords are hashed locally before
updating an account's password attribute, i.e. when someone changes
their password.

If you want the hash setting on the server to always be honored, use
"pam_password clear".

Comments from PADL's ldap.conf:

# Do not hash the password at all; presume
# the directory server will do it, if
# necessary. This is the default.
#pam_password clear