[Fedora-directory-users] slapd password

Gregory P. Ennis PoMec at PoMec.Net
Mon May 21 19:04:30 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-05-21 at 12:12 -0600, Richard Megginson wrote:
> Gregory P. Ennis wrote:
> > <snip>
> > Richard,
> >
> > Thank you, one step further.... but still no cigar.
> >
> > I had about 10 users to enter as test data, but am not sure if the data
> > made it to the server.
> >
> > My entry command was :
> > ldapmodify -v -x -a -D "cn=Directory Manager" -W -f ./EcCare.ldif
> >
> > And the response was :
> >
> > add objectclass:
> >         top
> >         domain
> > add dc:
> >         EcCare
> > add aci:
> >         (target ="ldap:///dc=EcCare,dc=com")(targetattr !
> > ="userPassword")(version 3.0;acl "Anonymous read-search access";allow
> > (read, search, compare)(userdn = "ldap:///anyone");)
> >         (target="ldap:///dc=EcCare,dc=com") (targetattr = "*")(version
> > 3.0; acl "allow all Admin group"; allow(all) groupdn =
> > "ldap:///cn=Directory Administrators,ou=Groups,dc=EcCare,dc=com";)
> > adding new entry "dc=EcCare,dc=com"
> > modify complete
> > ldap_add: Already exists (68)
> >
> > When I perform :
> >
> > ldapsearch -x -b 'dc=eccare,dc=com' '(objectclass=*)'
> >
> > I get :
> >
> > dn: dc=EcCare,dc=com
> > objectClass: top
> > objectClass: domain
> > dc: EcCare
> >
> > # Directory Administrators, EcCare.com
> > dn: cn=Directory Administrators, dc=EcCare,dc=com
> > objectClass: top
> > objectClass: groupofuniquenames
> > cn: Directory Administrators
> >
> > Note: I used the Example.ldif as a template with some changes of the
> > data.
> >
> > When I do :
> >
> > ldapsearch -x -b 'dc=eccare,dc=com' '(cn=Ennis)'
> >
> > I get :
> >
> > # search result
> > search: 2
> > result: 0 Success
> >
> > Which causes me to believe the details of the data did not make it to
> > the server.
> >
> You are correct.  The error Already exists (68) means you tried to add
> an entry that already exists (probably dc=EcCare,dc=com).  Remove that
> entry from your ldif file and try again.  When you run setup, and choose
> your initial base suffix, setup will create that entry for you.  You can
> also add the "-c" argument to ldapmodify to make it continue despite
> errors.
> > If my questions are too newbie I will certianly take some direction to
> > read, but so far I have not found the appropriate docs.
> >
> > Thanks again!!!!
> >
> > Greg

Richard,

That was helpful... Looks like I have the data in the server now. I can
get ldapsearch to work but am not able to get evolution to display any
of the data.  I was able to turn the logs on to debug for openldap,
where can I do this for fedora-ds so I can look at how evolution is
accessing slapd

Thanks again for your help!!!!

Greg