[Fedora-directory-users] Howto issue Fedora-ds with an Microsoft Active Directory Enterprise Certificate

Anthony Giggins aGiggins at wcg.net.au
Thu Oct 11 03:44:19 UTC 2007

Can anyone tell me how I issue my Fedora-ds with a Microsoft Active
Directory Enterprise Certificate Authority?

As suggested in
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:WindowsSync#Enabling_SSL_W
ith_Fedora_Directory_Server

 Note: Its always better to use the same Certificate Authority to
 issue certificates to both Fedora Directory Server and Active Directory

 to minimize any trust issues that might occur.

I already have my Microsoft Enterprise Certificate Authority imported
into CA Certs in Fedora Management Console but how can I create a server
certificate for my fedora directory server from my Microsoft Enterprise
Certificate Authority so both Active Directory SSL LDAP & FDS SSL LDAP
are using the same Certificate Authority?

Regards,

Anthony Giggins