[Fedora-directory-users] Setting a self ssl certificate

Richard Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Thu Sep 13 13:07:47 UTC 2007

Steven Jones wrote:
> Since it appears the LDAP server was stuffed,
How so?
> I re-installed it and
> again followed the instructions, now I find that in attempting to
> re-start the server it will not....
Any errors?
> so I have had to re-install again.
>
> So this particular set of instructions,
>
> http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/ag/7.1/ssl.html#1085091
>
> breaks the setup....

How so?  Did you see this -
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:SSL

The ssl.html above should mostly work, except for the NOTE under the
link to ssl.html at
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:SSL#Basic_Steps
> So is there a set of instructions to setup a self certified SSL server?

If http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:SSL doesn't work for
you, try
http://www.csse.uwa.edu.au/~ashley/fedora-ds/fedora-ds-26072006.html
which is also listed on the Howto:SSL page.