[Fedora-directory-users] Setting a self ssl certificate

Steven Jones Steven.Jones at vuw.ac.nz
Thu Sep 13 20:24:41 UTC 2007

Steven Jones wrote:
> Since it appears the LDAP server was stuffed,
How so?

Wont start, cannot access.

> I re-installed it and
> again followed the instructions, now I find that in attempting to
> re-start the server it will not....
Any errors?

I never looked for logs, simply re-installed FDS, I'm getting good at
it.

> so I have had to re-install again.
>
> So this particular set of instructions,
>
> http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/ag/7.1/ssl.html#1085091
>
> breaks the setup....

How so?

Following the RH page seemed to trash the setup so a start/restart
failed. Also trying to login to the admin server failed...I suspect
replacing the two keys under alias/ broke "something".

Did you see this -

http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:SSL

I found it last night while googl'ing from home after work, will work
through it this morning.

The ssl.html above should mostly work, except for the NOTE under the
link to ssl.html at
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:SSL#Basic_Steps
> So is there a set of instructions to setup a self certified SSL
server?

If http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:SSL doesn't work for
you, try
http://www.csse.uwa.edu.au/~ashley/fedora-ds/fedora-ds-26072006.html
which is also listed on the Howto:SSL page.

Ditto, I found that as well.

Regards

Steven