[Fedora-directory-users] FDS and OpenLDAP integration

Pierangelo Masarati ando at sys-net.it
Sat Sep 15 13:01:22 UTC 2007

Richard Megginson wrote:

> But there are ways to sync data from Fedora DS to OpenLDAP also.  You
> just can't do both directions at the same time.  How could I word that
> appropriately?

Can you elaborate on that?  From the Wiki, it seems that there are some,
but they're undocumented.

The other way 'round (OL => FDS), one could try out OpenLDAP's
slapo-accesslog(5) in the changelog-like variant (haven't tested, could
need some hacking).  THis should work fine with changelog (Retro
Changelog).

Or (and it would probably be a big plus for RFC 4533) FDS could be added
a plugin that makes use of LDAP Sync.  I note that, for applications
that do not want to reinvent the wheel, OpenLDAP's libldap that ships
with 2.4 provides a ldap_sync API that hides RFC 4533 details, so one
only needs to deal with making use of the results of the various phases
of the sync replication.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team