[Fedora-directory-users] Remote console fails for access to Fedora-DS 1.1

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Tue Jun 10 15:48:52 UTC 2008

Wolf Siedler wrote:
>> now I see the info from your first message, it looks like a java
>> problem to me even though it should work.  What I did was used the
>> java for rhel from the supplimental RHN channel and it always worked
>> well.
>
> I just tried it again through the Windows msi for the IDM console.
>
> System is Windows 2000 and Sun-JRE 1.5.0_15.
> The dos prompt shows the same Java error as quoted in my previous report.
There is a problem with the windows console .bat file - it does not find
the correct version of java.  To fix, simply edit the batch file - look
for where it sets JAVA (it is commented out - rem means comment in batch
file language) - uncomment this and set it to the correct path and file
name of your java.exe.

> Windows 2000 and Sun-JRE 1.6.0_06:
> Same problem as before; when clicking on "Directory Server" in the
> console there is an error message about a missing fedora-ds-1.0.jar.
> Furthermore, when clicking on "Administration Server", even that one
> doesn't open anymore. Instead there is a similar popup windows
> complaining about a missing fedora-ds-1.1.jar.
It is supposed to download the correct jar file from the server.

I'm not sure where it is stored on Windows, but there will be a
directory/folder called .fedora-idm-console in your HOME
directory/folder (wherever that is) - remove that directory/folder and
try again.