[Fedora-directory-users] Remote console fails for access to Fedora-DS 1.1

Wolf Siedler siedler at hrd-asia.com
Tue Jun 10 15:57:14 UTC 2008

Thanks, Rich,

So here we go:

> There is a problem with the windows console .bat file - it does not
> find the correct version of java.  To fix, simply edit the batch file
> - look for where it sets JAVA (it is commented out - rem means
> comment in batch file language) - uncomment this and set it to the
> correct path and file name of your java.exe.

Found it and did so (before both tests).

> > Windows 2000 and Sun-JRE 1.6.0_06:
> > Same problem as before; when clicking on "Directory Server" in the
> console there is an error message about a missing fedora-ds-1.0.jar.
> > Furthermore, when clicking on "Administration Server", even that
> one doesn't open anymore. Instead there is a similar popup windows
> complaining about a missing fedora-ds-1.1.jar.
> It is supposed to download the correct jar file from the server.

Ah - I wasn't aware of this procedure. Your hint gives me some more
ideas. I try that tomorrow (very late here).

> I'm not sure where it is stored on Windows, but there will be a
> directory/folder called .fedora-idm-console in your HOME
> directory/folder (wherever that is) - remove that directory/folder
> and try again.

I realeased that already and did so. Several times today and both on
Windows and Fedora.

Unfortunately, no change in the outcome... :-(

Regards,
Wolf