[Fedora-directory-users] Migrating Netscape DS to FDS

Dave dave at posthost.com
Thu Oct 2 23:57:54 UTC 2008

Hi,  I have an old Netscape Directory Server version 4.1  (circa 2001)
that I need to migrate to Fedora Directory Server, but I am confused as
to the proper migration path.

I've been reading the Red Hat DS install guides at
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/   (as there doesn't
appear to be as a comprehensive guide for Fedora DS.

The Redhat DS 8.0 guide says that migrating Netscape DS 4.x is not
supported (only version 6 and above), so I read the Red Hat DS 6.0
install guide and it says that Netscape DS 4.x is indeed supported.

So am I right to presume that a step-upgrade will be required, from my
current version 4.x to 6.x and then to the current version 8.0?

Also, what version of the Fedora-DS is equivalent to Red Hat DS 6.0?

Thanks -Dave

p.s. If somebody can tell me how to search this list's archives that
would be much appreciated!