[Fedora-directory-users] Bug using a Browse Index and Replication?

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Thu Oct 30 14:39:11 UTC 2008

DANIEL CRISTIAN CRUZ wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Does someone had an environment like this:
>
>     * Two multi-master servers and many consumers;
>     * A tree with a user container: ou=Users,ou=Unit,o=Organization
>       and a few accounts;
>     * A browse Index in all servers inside
>       ou=Users,ou=Unit,o=Organization;
>     * Delete ou=Users,ou=Unit,o=Organization and accounts with Fedora
>       Console in one master;
>     * The other master and all others consumers became frozen;

Doing a huge deletion like this is going to cause a lot of processing
and network traffic, and the servers may be slow for some time, but they
should eventually respond.

>     * Had to kill -9 all frozen servers and restart dirsrv.

Then what happened?  Had all of the deletions been propagated before you
did the kill?  Had any of the deletions been propagated?  When you
restarted, did you see a lot of traffic from the master sending the
deletions to the other servers?

> May I write a bug report on this, or not?

Sure.