[Fedora-directory-users] Bug using a Browse Index and Replication?

DANIEL CRISTIAN CRUZ daniel.cruz at sc.senai.br
Thu Oct 30 16:11:47 UTC 2008

"Rich Megginson" <rmeggins at redhat.com> escreveu:
> DANIEL CRISTIAN CRUZ wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Does someone had an environment like this:
>>
>>     * Two multi-master servers and many consumers;
>>     * A tree with a user container: ou=Users,ou=Unit,o=Organization
>>       and a few accounts;
>>     * A browse Index in all servers inside
>>       ou=Users,ou=Unit,o=Organization;
>>     * Delete ou=Users,ou=Unit,o=Organization and accounts with Fedora
>>       Console in one master;
>>     * The other master and all others consumers became frozen;
>>
> Doing a huge deletion like this is going to cause a lot of processing
> and network traffic, and the servers may be slow for some time, but they
> should eventually respond.

One server that we had a problem to access the console was frozen for more
than one hour...

>>     * Had to kill -9 all frozen servers and restart dirsrv.
>>
> Then what happened?  Had all of the deletions been propagated before you
> did the kill?  Had any of the deletions been propagated?  When you
> restarted, did you see a lot of traffic from the master sending the
> deletions to the other servers?

The servers came online with the new "ou=Users,ou=Unit,o=Organization" and
one user only (the user recreated in the working master), except the second
master that needed an initialize (maybe deleting the browse index could
solve, but didn't got it at that moment).

>> May I write a bug report on this, or not?
>>
> Sure.

Gonna do it as soon as possible.