[389-users] Enable SSL in console issue

Prashanth Sundaram psundaram at wgen.net
Tue Aug 4 15:53:17 UTC 2009

Dear folks,

I configured the FDS and as trying to setup the encryption and I ran into
this.

When I enabled ³Use SSL in console² and restarted the server. I was able to
get into console and see that Admin server is fine, but the Directory server
shows ³Stopped² and port is 636. Now it prompts me for password.

Menubar: Log in to Directory
Distinguished Name:
uid=admin,ou=Administrators,ou=TopologyManagement,o=NetscapeRoot.
Password: *******

Here I entered the admin password that I setup during the
Œsetup-ds-admin.pl¹ phase. It is not accepting that. :(
I also tried changing the DN to CN=Directory Manager, Dc=, dc=. It still
doesn¹t let me in.

I went back to check the dse.ldif and tried editing the entry cn=encryption,
cn=config....... nsSSLClientAuth: off nsSSL2: off nsSSL3=on
Is there anything that can be done to turn the SSL off the console?