[389-users] Is there Linked Attributes configuration and usage documentation available?

Sean Brady sbrady at gtfservices.com
Wed Dec 2 03:04:59 UTC 2009

Hello All,

I have 389 up and running, and had some questions on Linked Attributes.  I found this http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Linked_Attributes_Design but that is the extent of the documentation that I have found.  Does anyone know of any additional documentation that you can point me to?

I am unclear on exactly how to configure Linked Attributes properly, and how to use them.  Specifically, which ldif file would I need to modify to create a linked attribute?  Would that be dse.ldif, or one of the ldif's in the schema sub-folder (/etc/dirsrv/slapd-<instance_name>/schema)?  What else would I need to know to configure a linked attribute?  What do I need to know about it's usage?

Once I have the details I can post some documentation back to the community- there is nothing in the RedHat Directory Server on this plugin as of yet that I have seen.  I don't think that this can be done through the GUI at this time...

Thanks in advance for the community's help.

SB