[389-users] Is there Linked Attributes configuration and usage documentation available?

Sean Brady sbrady at gtfservices.com
Wed Dec 2 13:47:42 UTC 2009

OK, I see some helpful errors in the logs here:

linkedattrs-plugin - linked_attrs_parse_config_entry: The linkType config setting is required for linked attribute pair "cn=manager link,cn=linked attributes,cn=plugins,cn=config".

[02/Dec/2009:06:19:24 -0700] linkedattrs-plugin - linked_attrs_parse_config_entry: Invalid config entry [cn=manager link,cn=linked attributes,cn=plugins,cn=config] skipped

So... I am assuming that there is a configuration entry that I need called "linkType", which isn't listed in the link per se, although there is a reference to it in passing.  Can someone help me with the expected type of value, ie is this an attribute type, etc?  What do I need here?

The following was added to my dse.ldif:

dn: cn=Manager Link, cn=Linked Attributes,cn=plugins,cn=config
objectClass: extensibleObject
objectClass: top
cn: Manager Link
linkattribute: directReport
managedattribute: linkmanager

Both the linkattribute "directReport" and managedattribute "linkmanager" are custom attributes added as "MAY" to a custom "employee" objectclass, to which 3 test users have as an attribute value.  I didn't want to conflict with any existing attributes, and I noticed that the directreport attribute did not exist.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
SB