[389-users] how does user change PW?

Alan McKay alan.mckay at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 18:39:44 UTC 2009

OK, I've got auth figured out for Linux login.

This is a good thing.   A very good thing!

Now, if a user does "passwd" on the Linux box, I see that it updates
their LDAP password.

Another very good thing!

But I'm going to have non-Linux users too.  I'm not adventurous enough
at this point to set up a WIndows NT domain or anything like that for
the windows users, so I'll just do local-login for them at the moment.
 But they will still have to go to websites and such which ask them to
authenticate.   I don't yet have apache LDAP auth working, but I'm
sure it will prove to be reasonably easy.

Once I get that done, I'll need a way for these users to change the
passwords.   In a pinch I guess I could ask them to download putty and
SSH into a Linux box.   But that just seems ugly.

Is there a good web-based plugin for this that I can just grab
"off-the-shelf" without having to roll my own?