[Fedora-directory-users] Proposed new features for 1.3

Roberto Polli rpolli at babel.it
Mon May 4 09:11:26 UTC 2009

On venerdì 01 maggio 2009 18:38:21 Rich Megginson wrote:
> > * the ability to set attribute values using  a set of internal functions
> > (eg. timestamp, incremental log value)
sql supports function. eg.
INSERT INTO mytable VALUES (NOW());
UPDATE mytable(mydoc, revision) SET revision=revision+1

this enables the ability to use custom attributes for storing timestamp, as
modifyTimestamp is unmodifiable.

> > * search in subtrees of view: when I create a view (eg. a view of
> > domains) I can't search in its subentries (eg. in ou=people, dc=domain)
base tree:
dc=example.com, o=example ltd, dc=top
dc=example.net, o=example ltd, dc=top
dc=company.com, o=company ltd, dc=top

using views I can create a tree of all domains, no matter which organization:
ou=domainView, dc=top
nsViewFilter: (dc=*)

so under ou=domainView I got all domains
dc=example.com,ou=domainView
dc=company.com,ou=domainView

imagine I'd like to search a user under domain example.com
dn: uid=jondoe,dc=example.com,o=example ltd,dc=top

I could search straight in
dc=example.com,ou=domainView,dc=top

or pick directly
uid=jondoe,dc=example.com,ou=domainView,dc=top

but it's not possible.

hoping to have been clear...
Thx+Peace,
R.

--

Roberto Polli
Babel S.r.l. - http://www.babel.it

"Il seguente messaggio contiene informazioni riservate. Qualora questo
messaggio fosse da Voi ricevuto per errore, Vogliate cortesemente darcene
notizia a mezzo e-mail. Vi sollecitiamo altresì a distruggere il messaggio
erroneamente ricevuto. Quanto precede Vi viene chiesto ai fini del rispetto
della legge in materia di protezione dei dati personali."