[Fedora-directory-users] objectRenamed with JNDI persistent search

Michael A. Epstein MEpstein at symark.com
Wed May 6 03:42:10 UTC 2009

Hi All,

I am trying to implement persistent search in a Java application. I have setup Fedora Directory to test this and it all seems to really work well except the objectRenamed event. When I remove, add or change an object I get the correct event; but renaming does not seem to work the way I expect it to. When I rename an object I do not get the event. However if I then I name it back to its original name get the objectRenamed event.

I need to know if is this the intended behavior and my expectations are wrong or if I am possibly doing something wrong?

Thank you for your time any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike