[389-users] Replication failure

Emmanuel BILLOT emmanuel.billot at ird.fr
Sun May 17 19:30:03 UTC 2009

Rich Megginson a écrit :
> Emmanuel BILLOT wrote:
>> Emmanuel BILLOT a écrit :
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> There is a strange behaviour on our FDS servers...
>>> We want to replicate a 12000 entries database between 2 FDS. At the
>>> replication agrement end, we 've got an "Unwilling to perform" with "
>>> [13/May/2009:00:19:56 +0200] NS7bitAttr - ADD begin
>>> [13/May/2009:00:19:56 +0200] NS7bitAttr - ADD
>>> target=cn=t,cn=replica,cn=dc=ird\,dc=fr,cn=mapping tree,cn=config
>>> [13/May/2009:00:19:56 +0200] NSMMReplicationPlugin -
>>> agmtlist_add_callback: Can't start agreement
>>> "cn=t,cn=replica,cn=dc=ird\,dc=fr,cn=mapping tree,cn=config"
>>> "
>>> in the log...
>>>
>>> When the datablase is empty, the replication agrement creation works
>>> !!!
>>>
>>> How is it possible ?
>>>
>> Correction, even if the db is empty it fails.
>> How can i have other detailled logs ? Level is "replication" now.
> Looks like you also have plugin level logging on too - NS7bitAttr
> messages
>
> Can you post the exact command you are using to add the agreement, and
> the relevant excerpts from the access log showing the add attempt and
> result?
The replication agrement was build with the GUI as we usually do.
I resolve this pb with :
- delete/recreate master suffixe
- delete/recreate replica suffixe

However it does not give me any answer. Never mind.

BR,

Emmanuel BILLOT
IRD - Orléans
Délégation aux Systèmes d'Information (DSI)
tél : 02 38 49 95 88