[389-users] GOsa on 389 Directory Server

Greg Miller gmiller at conley-inc.com
Tue Oct 6 19:20:03 UTC 2009

This is my first foray into LDAP, so please be gentle...

I am attempting to install GOsa over the top of a fresh 389 install on
CentOS 5.3.  It seems that GOsa provides a simple way to administer
virtually every aspect of a Linux network with an LDAP server.  Maybe
389's own tools can do this, too, and I just don't know it.  Anyway, I
have copied the GOsa schema files into the 389 Directory Server's schema
directory. I renamed all of the GOsa schema files to begin with "90", so
that 389 would load them. When I restart 389, I receive numerous error
messages in the log:

[02/Oct/2009:06:00:26 -0500]
<https://oss.gonicus.de/labs/gosa/changeset/02/Oct/2009%3A06%3A00%3A26%20-0500>
- Entry "cn=gofax,cn=schema,cn=config" has unknown object class
"olcSchemaConfig"
[02/Oct/2009:06:00:26 -0500]
<https://oss.gonicus.de/labs/gosa/changeset/02/Oct/2009%3A06%3A00%3A26%20-0500>
- Entry "cn=gofon,cn=schema,cn=config" has unknown object class
"olcSchemaConfig"
[02/Oct/2009:06:00:26 -0500]
<https://oss.gonicus.de/labs/gosa/changeset/02/Oct/2009%3A06%3A00%3A26%20-0500>
- Entry "cn=gosa-samba2,cn=schema,cn=config" has unknown object class
"olcSchemaConfig"
[02/Oct/2009:06:00:26 -0500]
<https://oss.gonicus.de/labs/gosa/changeset/02/Oct/2009%3A06%3A00%3A26%20-0500>
- Entry "cn=gosa-samba3,cn=schema,cn=config" has unknown object class
"olcSchemaConfig"
[02/Oct/2009:06:00:26 -0500]
<https://oss.gonicus.de/labs/gosa/changeset/02/Oct/2009%3A06%3A00%3A26%20-0500>
- Entry "cn=goserver,cn=schema,cn=config" has unknown object class
"olcSchemaConfig"
[02/Oct/2009:06:00:26 -0500]
<https://oss.gonicus.de/labs/gosa/changeset/02/Oct/2009%3A06%3A00%3A26%20-0500>
- Entry "cn=gosystem,cn=schema,cn=config" has unknown object class
"olcSchemaConfig"
[02/Oct/2009:06:00:26 -0500]
<https://oss.gonicus.de/labs/gosa/changeset/02/Oct/2009%3A06%3A00%3A26%20-0500>
- Entry "cn=goto-mime,cn=schema,cn=config" has unknown object class
"olcSchemaConfig"
[02/Oct/2009:06:00:26 -0500]
<https://oss.gonicus.de/labs/gosa/changeset/02/Oct/2009%3A06%3A00%3A26%20-0500>
- Entry "cn=goto,cn=schema,cn=config" has unknown object class
"olcSchemaConfig"
[02/Oct/2009:06:00:26 -0500]
<https://oss.gonicus.de/labs/gosa/changeset/02/Oct/2009%3A06%3A00%3A26%20-0500>
- Entry "cn=rfc2307bis,cn=schema,cn=config" has unknown object class
"olcSchemaConfig"
[02/Oct/2009:06:00:26 -0500]
<https://oss.gonicus.de/labs/gosa/changeset/02/Oct/2009%3A06%3A00%3A26%20-0500>
- Entry "cn=samba,cn=schema,cn=config" has unknown object class
"olcSchemaConfig"
[02/Oct/2009:06:00:26 -0500]
<https://oss.gonicus.de/labs/gosa/changeset/02/Oct/2009%3A06%3A00%3A26%20-0500>
- Entry "cn=samba3,cn=schema,cn=config" has unknown object class
"olcSchemaConfig"
[02/Oct/2009:06:00:26 -0500]
<https://oss.gonicus.de/labs/gosa/changeset/02/Oct/2009%3A06%3A00%3A26%20-0500>
- Entry "cn=trust,cn=schema,cn=config" has unknown object class
"olcSchemaConfig"

 From the little info I can find on the Internet, olcSchemaConfig seems
to be an OpenLDAP-specific setting. I can't seem to find a comparable
setting for 389 Directory Server in any of 389's schema files.

I have posted this question to GOsa's forums, but nobody there uses
389.  Does anyone have any advice for me on this matter?

Thanks!