[389-users] GOsa on 389 Directory Server

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Wed Oct 7 10:30:51 UTC 2009

Greg Miller wrote:
> I am attempting to install GOsa over the top of a fresh 389 install on
> CentOS 5.3.
> [..]
> [02/Oct/2009:06:00:26 -0500]
> <https://oss.gonicus.de/labs/gosa/changeset/02/Oct/2009%3A06%3A00%3A26%20-0500>
> - Entry "cn=gofax,cn=schema,cn=config" has unknown object class
> "olcSchemaConfig"
> [..]
> [02/Oct/2009:06:00:26 -0500]
> <https://oss.gonicus.de/labs/gosa/changeset/02/Oct/2009%3A06%3A00%3A26%20-0500>
> - Entry "cn=trust,cn=schema,cn=config" has unknown object class
> "olcSchemaConfig"
>
> From the little info I can find on the Internet, olcSchemaConfig seems
> to be an OpenLDAP-specific setting.

It seems GOSA is trying to dynamically add its custom schema to OpenLDAP's
configuration backend which has a completely different schema. I'd suggest to
ask the GOSA people how to deal with 389 DS. I know that some GOSA developers
maintain a customer installation running with Sun DS. So it should be possible
to switch off automatic OpenLDAP-specific schema configuration and add the
custom GOSA schema manually to 389 DS.

Ciao, Michael.