[389-users] Consumer failed to replay change

Kent C. Brodie brodie at mcw.edu
Thu Oct 22 15:33:11 UTC 2009

On 10/22/2009 10:05 AM, Rich Megginson wrote:
> Brodie, Kent wrote:
>> Rich: Thanks for the debugging help!    I'm still stuck, as I am not
>> sure exactly what I am looking at in terms of messages.   I can see that
>> the same uniqueid 4922d291-be7a11de-adce9eef-94681f9f keeps failing, but
>> the message surrounding that error are anything but clear to me.
> Try using the /usr/bin/cl-dump tool to dump the changelog (man
> cl-dump) - look for uniqueid 4922d291-be7a11de-adce9eef-94681f9f and
> dn="uid=jgretzon,ou=spine,dc=hmgc,dc=mcw,dc=edu" and
> csn=4ae06697000000020000

Rich-- ok, we're getting closer.   cl-dump told me lots, and when I
looked for all three items together (uniqueid, uid, and csn), I found
this entry:

changetype: modify
replgen: 4a7758f2000000010000
csn: 4ae06697000000020000
nsuniqueid: 4922d291-be7a11de-adce9eef-94681f9f
dn: uid=jgretzon,ou=spine,dc=hmgc,dc=mcw,dc=edu
change::
replace: retryCountResetTime
retryCountResetTime: 20091022141509Z
-
replace: passwordRetryCount
passwordRetryCount: 1

So, there's some sort of passwordretry entry that's bogus (not sure
why)--  I guess now my question is, now that I've found what the error
entry is that's giving replication fits, what do I do about it?

I really appreciate the help--- this is good stuff for the email list
archives for others to see when they have something like this.