[389-users] Posix attributes plugin

Prashanth Sundaram psundaram at wgen.net
Thu Sep 24 18:19:35 UTC 2009

Thanks Rich and Everyone who helped me with this project. Thanks for being
patient and answering my questions :)

I have finally got my 389-ds working and meeting most of requirements, but
there is this one last piece which will be great to have: posix Attributes
generator/sync

So I was able to sync the users from AD and all the fields are populated
except the posix attributes. Is there a generator plugin, that automatically
assign the next uidNumber, defaultshell, default homedir etc to new user
synced?

Or is there a tool/configuration to sync posix Attributes from AD? (I don¹t
yet maintain the posix attributes in AD, but I if I have to then I will
export it for existing users.)