Greetings

Paul W. Frields paul at frields.com
Thu Oct 2 11:35:03 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 00:09, Tammy Fox wrote:
> > I've tried psgml before but never managed to force myself to get used to
> > Emacs brain-deadness ;-). Instead, I use Vim for XML. There are some modes
> > you can download for it which give you a lot of basic features (including
> > all of the above), or it's fairly easy to add your own support for
> > auto-closing tags and tag folding (which is about all I want in terms of
> > XML-specific support). I've also seen a fair number of people doing XML in
> > Kate, if you want something GUI and gvim's not your thing....

> Thanks for the suggestions Chris. If you want to write something up
> about using Vim for XML editing, we could add it to the Documentation
> Guide. I'm sure there are other people out there who don't want to use
> Emacs as well.

I'm a big LyX fan, but I'd prefer to just go ahead and take the Emacs
plunge rather than mucking around too much on the tool front. If I get
time I will work on the LyX aspect, and send Tammy documentation on
getting it working. I doubt it's as robust as Emacs/psgml though.

Tammy, is it planned for the excellent Red Hat Guides to be released via
the FDL and incorporated into fedora-docs? Or are we starting from
scratch entirely?

--
Paul W. Frields <paul at frields.com>